Wednesday 12 March 2014

Birthday Bliss with Chocolate Devil's food cake

I celebrated my birthday last month and her's a look at the cake. I baked Nigella's Chocolate Devil's food cake. It was sinfully chocolaty and pure bliss in my mouth...need I say more!
The just frosted cake
cake in the fridge
just look at that amazing frosting...it took all of my almost non-existent will power not to lick the entire bowl
I'd baked the cake and frosted it the night before my birthday, so I refrigerated it till the next day. Now that is what you delicious anticipation! I couldn't wait until morning to cut the cake, but wait I did. Which just made it all the more better.

my birthday cake
I sprinkled some edible silver colored pearls and my mom placed a violet from her garden on the cake. It was absolutely lovely.
cutting my luscious cake
Happy Birthday to me...Here'a slice for you...


Mum and dad took me to Mysore for the day. They got me a piece of jewelry as a gift. Oh! just before we went to the jewelers Mum took me to temple, which as far as I have seen, is almost always closed when we go to Mysore. But this day it was open and I even got a laddoo as prashad. ( I know not much to get excited about...but this sort of thing never happens to me).

Sitting on the silver swing, mum and dad sure do look regal
We went to the restaurant at Hotel Metropole for lunch. I just love the old world grandeur of the place. As soon you enter it, you feel like you've been transported to a different era. I feel it represents the glory of bygone days, when Mysore was among the richest provinces in Princely India. They've retained all the original woodwork and furniture. The crystal chandeliers are so beautiful they take my breath away. The mirrors in their restaurant...Oh, those are masterpieces, am so in love with them. One day if they find it missing, it will definitely be me. ;)
Crystal chandelier in foyer of Hotel Metropole...I wish I could have one
At least I got a picture underneath the chandelier... I feel like a princess :)
All in all, it was a really great day. And I even did a spot of shopping before I got back. It was a wonderful birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment